In a former industrial area in the north of Amsterdam, this apartment building was built for people providing freedom to all co-design their own homes. An open loft space without a prefixed layout and a double height ceiling gave us the possibilities to realize a completely custom designed interior, made to measure for a writer and art collector couple.
To display the collection of art in the ultimate way was our starting point, so we designed double height bespoke cabinets as well as integrated glass vitrines to display the art pieces. On ground floor level the entrance area, kitchen and living room are placed in open connection to each other. Within the double height of the loft, an extra floor level is built for a bathroom, two bedrooms and office space. The high-rise cabinets visually connect the two floor levels and includes an integrated staircase.
All custom designed kitchen and cabinets throughout the apartment are finished in a combination of wooden and gray surfaces. The stark and simple spatial interventions are in contrast to the colorful pieces of art, balancing and supplementing each other.
Material Used :
1. PU resinnfloor - Bolidt
2. Tiles - Mosa - Mosa matt
3. Wall light - Toss b - tibo
4. Spots - Modular - smart lotis
5. Switches - Jung - LS 990
6. Sink - Franke - Sirius
7. Tap - Quooker - Fusion square
8. Custom sinks - LG Hi Macs - LG HiMacs
9. Sink - Clou - Flush 3
10. Taps - Grohe - several
11. Toilet - Villeroy & Boch - Subway 2.0
12. Wooden cabinets - Querkus - Spring larch
13. Cabinets - HPL - Duropal
14. Loose furniture - re-used
15. Furniture: Konstantin Grcic& Ray, Charles Eames, Hella Jongerius, Dirk van der Kooij