Construction of two large forms in the interior of a luxury restaurant in Dubai. These pieces make up a giant egg on which the restaurant revolves. For its construction, a metallic structure has been used, on which a series of prefabricated GRP pieces with a special design and a reflective golden finish have been fixed. The complex is crossed by an elevator for guests. The lower part of the egg houses the bathrooms and the upper part the V.I.P. with a spectacular latticework on its ceiling.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
- Adaptation of a spectacular design to a structure and prefabricated GRP pieces.
- Optimization of the structure and the GRP for its transport and placement.
- Manufacture of multipurpose molds to complete all the pieces.
- 3D lattice cutouts using a machining robot.
- Flame retardant material B-s2-d0.
- Reflex golden finish, made up of layers of different materials.
- Complex on-site assembly.
The process began in July 2017 where the structure and the molds began. The pieces were manufactured and the special finish was applied to be shipped in September. In December a 3-month assembly began. The set, more than 20 meters high and 10 in diameter, forms a spectacular design, which thanks to the properties of GRP (complex shapes, lightness, ease of assembly) has been able to be carried out in 6 months from its conception to its assembly in Dubai. Interior design can dream of the most unlikely shapes. GRP prefabricated parts are an effective and real solution, anywhere on the planet.