2019 sees the 111 awarded the German Design Award, 50-years on from winning its first award.
With its purely formed silhouette it is still instantly recognisable and a testament to its timeless design.
A favourite with architects and designers worldwide, the 111 is the foundation of the flexible VOLA modular design system. The 111 can be customised with handles, plates and spouts to suit a specific project space and finished with unique colours and metallics, providing almost unlimited creative scope. Every specification is hand crafted in Denmark using techniques that have been perfected since 1968, creating a truly unique tap for every project.
As VOLA products are kept to the same design system, parts are still available for products produced 50 years ago (without removal from the wall), keeping original models modernised to today's specification.
This commitment to simple yet beautiful design and craftsmanship is the foundation of why VOLA is considered a design icon that continues to stand the test of time.
"I have specified and used VOLA personally for thirty years - it feels like an instinct now, a constant, a designer's sixth sense for truth and honesty.”
Fiona Naylor, Johnson Naylor
View Fiona Naylor’s collaboration with VOLA here: http://50years.vola.com/collaborates/johnson-naylor
* The original modern-day tap designed in 1968 by iconic Danish architect Arne Jacobsen
* The first tap to hide the functional parts within the wall, revealing only the spout and handle
* Made to order - choose from 26 colour finishes and combine handles, plates and spout lengths to personal specification
* Hand crafted in Denmark from the highest quality raw materials
* Basin mixer for use in bathrooms and kitchens
* Can deliver up to 5 litres or 1.9 litres of water per minute at 3 bar pressure.
* Spare parts will always be available for every product ever made
* International accreditation enabling simple worldwide installation