It is about building a reservoir containing 50,000 liters of water at a height of 22 meters, in the middle of the beautiful Extremaduran countryside. We did not want to impact the territory with a complicated concrete construction.
We thought that two prefabricated cisterns used by dairy trucks, and which are perfectly insulated and equipped with stainless valves, could be the perfect containers for this volume of liquid.
The light structures of the power lines, based on galvanized and bolted steel, could be a good solution to raise the tanks to that height.
And with three movements:
- Mounting of galvanized structures attached only with screws.
- Lifting with large cranes the pumping equipment and tanks.
We managed to raise 50,000 liters of water to 22 meters with little environmental impact to put pressure on the town's community.
Material Used :
1. Foundation - Local constructor
2. Galvanized structures - Local fabricant
3. Stainless steel tanks - Symaga S.A.