It's been an enlightening journey for PTW Architects working on the transformation of The Revy, one of Pyrmont's longest-standing Grade One listed waterfront landmarks. Collaborating closely with the heritage architect, we designed new openings and new cantilevered balconies that needed to be sympathetic to the original design by Walter Liberty Vernon. Built circa 1912, the eight storey Royal Edward Victualling Yard, Building C (The Revy), now comprises 44 residences, including one north-facing penthouse. A three storey basement sits alongside, and partially beneath the public footpath. Two storey townhouses sit within the rusticated basalt base, with generous double height spaces allowing full appreciation of the original volumes. The requirement to accommodate six apartments per core in this very narrow footprint, required an external core expression that would contrast with the existing brick building, but also not visually dominate. The two new external glass cores are placed on Darling Island Road, while the waterfront façade remains largely unaltered but for small, discrete and delicate insertions.
Fiche technique du produit