The owners of this apartment are creatives with busy travel schedules. We wanted to create an airy, welcoming home for them to come back to at the end of each trip.
The space is infused with sunlight which inspired our use of textured, natural materials throughout, from white oak millwork in the kitchen to concrete in the bathroom. We created balance with darker accents such as steel detailing and a large custom concrete fireplace. We also incorporated many fixtures by local designers, including decorative lighting and hardware.
The space is just under 800sf so almost everything was built to suit, with an eye toward maximizing efficiency - such as a deceptively deep built-in dresser in the master bedroom, and a secret cat corridor that links the upper bookshelves from room to room.
1. Paint: Benjamin Moore ‘White Glove’ and Farrow & Ball ‘Black Blue’
2. Lighting: APPARATUS ‘Trapeze’ Sconces, Workstead, Cedar and Moss, Souda
3. Light switch: House of Antique Hardware
4. Cabinet pulls: Rejuvenation ‘Waterhouse’
5. Kitchen Faucet: Kohler
6. Kitchen brass pulls: Liz’s Antique Hardware
7. Tiles: Stone Source ‘Mutina Mews’ and Commune ‘Zuni Zebra’
8. Hardwood floor: Bertazzoni
9. Library Ladder: Putnam Rolling Ladder Co
10. Kitchen countertop: poured concrete