A SCHOOL IN ALTAVILLA VICENTINA
In the Shadow of Children in Flower
The project includes both a pre-school and an elementary school, an indoor sports court, as well as a small theater for the community.
The school has a footprint of 3,000 sq meters, but I wished above all to achieve a sense of lightness, intimacy, and variety. A post-tensioned roof slab was elaborated with the Swiss engineer Joerg Conzett (Chur), allowing for a uniform height of 4 m. throughout the building, with no hung ceilings. Corridors, internal lightwells, wardrobes and bathrooms add color to the buoyant atmosphere of the building.
Classrooms and patios form clusters that are either located peripherally or enclosed within the building. Sliding panels with multiple metal screens sandwiched between glass panes filter daylight and create ever-changing shadows.
A small community theater of oval shape rises through the floor of the vestibule to form an elevated play hill.
- Flooring and interior walls: Epoxy resin
- Doors: Custom made
- Windows: Metal frames, Forster Profile Systems and custom made
- Roofing: Cellular glass insulation, Foamglas
- Interior lighting: Aldo Cibic
- Interior furniture: Aldo Cibic
- Theatre Acustic Panel, ComVarese