This South Loop project consisted of an exterior façade repair and facelift as well as an interior lobby renovation. With having to address structural damage that occurred on the west façade of this brick building, the owners took this as an opportunity to revitalize their street presence along highly trafficked South Michigan Avenue. While trying to blend old with new, a metal panel rain screen system was incorporated along the second-floor façade that wraps the buildings exposed northwest corner leaving the brick exposed at the first floor. Moving the front entry to the north elevation allows for a clean, bright, and visible renovated lobby space achieved with new floor to ceiling storefront. The interior lobby introduces a new accessible ramp and separates the owners second floor space from their tenants on the first floor. The subtle applications of deep red on the entry door, columns, and shading fins reflects the warmth and approachability of their business model.
Material Used :
1. Pittco Architectural Metals, Inc – Aluminmum framed storefront – Pittco Series EMS 114
2. Assa Abloy – Door Pulls – Rockwood PostMount Series
3. Cal-royal – Door Levers – Apollo CLALC Series
4. Laurence, C. R. Co., Inc –Railings - Stainless Steel Railings
5. LaForce – Hollow Metal Doors -
6. Rockfon (Chicago Metallic Corporation) – Acoustical Panels – Type XX Sonar.
7. WAC Lighting – Cove Light – LED-T24W-2IN-W
8. Altro Group – Sheel Vinyl Flooring – Walkway Plus 20
9. Roppe Corporation – Vinyl base – Pinnacle
10. Mannington Commercial – Carpet – Sentana Loop.
11. Philips Lightolier –Downlights – Lytecaster Recess Downlights
12. Luminii – Exterior Wall Sconce – Band
13. McNichols – Perforated Metal Panel
14. North Clad – Metal Panel