Located in a exceptional and privileged place, the houses of Asu are designed as single family houses that dance at the same rhythm. Due to the adjustment of the houses to the slope, they are a composition of volumes in movement that, being part of a family, maintain their own independence. This movement gives kindness to the volume, dinamism and visual richness. On one hand, every house is adapted to the needs of each owner. On the other hand, they have the soft and friendly finishes common. They also take advantage of the natural light that comes from the Cantabrian Sea.
The volumetric game seems essential. Its vertical and horizontal movement makes easier the adaptability to the slope of the terrain and allows the entry of natural light. It also contributes to remove weight and roughness from the architectural ensemble while makes the units independent and able to understand them as a group. In an act of desperate attachment to its foundations the base emerges from the ground and is separated from the rest as a pedestal, rooting the volumes to the ground. This fact is presented (strengthens, extols) with the choice of limestone, natural, to the cut, and blocks of this same solid limestone for the details of access to housing.
The multiple advantages of projected cork, a flexible, fireproof, waterproof and insulating material, are used to cover the entire façade and dye it with an unpolluted white, purifying the volumetric game.
Material Used :
1. Parklex – Suelos laminados interiores de madera natural y terrazas exteriores
2. Cortizo – Carpintería metálica en aluminio
3. Blux – Iluminación interior y exterior
4. – Revestimientos con porcelánicos en paramentos verticales y
5. Hi-Macs – Piezas a medida en “solid surface“ para encimeras de cocina, islas y mesas
6. Mortex – Microcemento para suelos
7. Syntesis – Puertas de paso
8. Key Cucine – Mobiliario
9. Avvento – Mobiliario de dormitorios
10. Vipeq – Fachada corcho proyectado
11. Arival stone – Fachada piedra natural al corte y peldaños de piedra caliza maciza
12. VMZinc – Cubierta de zinc