TECHNAL’S NEW SOLEAL DOOR ACHIEVES PAS 24 STANDARD FOR ENHANCED SECURITY
Following extensive independent testing, the new SOLEAL high performance door from architectural aluminium systems specialist, Technal, now meets PAS 24 for enhanced security.
PAS 24: 2012 provides a method for testing and assessing the enhanced security performance requirements of external doors and windows. It is recognised by Secured by Design and provides an assurance that door sets can withstand a series of measured manual and mechanical tests that simulate common methods of forced entry.
Technal’s SOLEAL single and double leaf rebated door – in both open-in and open-out configurations – surpassed the PAS 24 standard and achieved consistently excellent test results with very minimal enhancements to the fixing of the hinges, striker and lock. These adjustments make this door the most robust, simple and fast to fabricate system available in the UK – and with no compromise on the high standards of aesthetics.
The locking system for the SOLEAL door has, as standard, a half-turn deadbolt, roller lock and deadbolt, a two-point cylinder lock and a two-point lock with a square spindle.
For enhanced security, the door also has multi-point locking. Hook lock or top and bottom shoot bolts for doors over 2.25m high can also be supplied. Additional locking points can be added according to project requirements.
The single leaf open-in and open-out hinged doors already meet very high levels of security in accordance with Class RC3 for burglar resistance to BS EN 1627-30. As an alternative to key-operated locks, there is an electro-magnetic system using an integrated control pad within the frame.
The SOLEAL door suite has been specifically developed for areas of heavy use, such as apartment buildings, social housing developments, hospitals, shopping and sports centres, offices and schools.
In addition to its outstanding security performance, SOLEAL features a patented design which uses a 55mm deep module for both single action hinged, and double and single action pivot doors. It is a robust and highly durable Class 8 door that has been tested up to 1 million cycles in accordance with BS EN 12400 (2002).
Other features include:
• A crimped double polyamide thermal break which allows the SOLEAL door to achieve exceptional energy efficiency and deliver U values as low as 1.4W/m2K, as well as dual colour finishes for further design flexibility.
• Options for single or double action doors, rebated or non-rebated, and concealed overhead closer systems.
• A door threshold engineered in two parts for advanced weather performance. This can also be removed for maintenance or replacement without dismantling the door leaves.
• A choice of thresholds – rebated or double ramped for disabled access.
• A wide range of glazing options – from 6mm to 39mm and a maximum weight per leaf of up to 150kg.
• Discrete and stylish fixings and exclusive handles that are robust, attractive and ergonomic.
The SOLEAL door suite is fully compatible with other Technal façade products, including MODAL low rise glazing and GEODE-MX curtain walling for seamless interfaces, ease of specification, cost efficiency, and consistency in appearance.